36x36 Davids Key -Original Fine Art Work
This Mixed Media: Acrylic Paint, Oil and Chalk Pastels, Pen/Ink, Colored Pencils, Graphite, Markers, Paper, and small gems. Original Jewish and messianic style art uses basic geometry and geometric shapes and is inspired by the language, scriptures, symbols, and religious faith of the Judeo-Christian people.
Title: David’s Key
Price: $3,600 (Giclee Prints Available per request)
Medium: Mixed Media: Acrylic Paint, Oil and Chalk Pastels, Pen/Ink, Colored Pencils, Graphite, Markers, Paper, and small gems,
Size: 36”x36” inches
About: Inspired by the language, scriptures, symbols and religious faith of the Judeo-Christian people.
Frame; This heavy-duty archival-quality natural cotton canvas with the frame is professionally constructed, with medium-weight cotton duck stretched around 1 1/2" profile kiln-dried stretcher bars and held in place with a flexible spline.
Interpretation: The Hebrew phrases in this piece are interpreted as follows:
- The Key of David -Biblical Hebrew מפתח דוד
- The Key of David -modern Hebrew המפתח של דוד
- David's Key to the Kingdom המפתח של דוד לממלכה
- The Keys to the Kingdom -Biblical Hebrew מפתחות מלכות
- The Keys to the Kingdom -modern Hebrew המפתחות לממלכה
- Odem/Sardius (Jasper/Carnelian) -Red/Orange/Brown -Reuben
- Pitdah (Peridot)/Citrine Quartz (Topaz) -Light Green/Yellow -Simeon
- Barekes/Emerald/Feldspar -Green-Levi (1611 King James version switches 4 with 3 in its translation)
- Nofech/Almandine Garnet /Ruby (Carbuncle) -Deep Dark Red -Judah
- Sappir/Lapis Lazuli -Blue -Issachar
- Yahalom (onyx) -Black -Zebulun
- Leshem/Brown Agate/Amber -Dan
- Shevo/Agate -Grey/White- Benjamin/Naphtali
- Achlamah/Amethyst (Crystal) -purple/clear -Dan/Gad
- Tarshish/Chrysolite/Beryl -Bright Yellow Green -Naphtali/Asher
- Shoham/Beryl/Turquoise -Gad/Joseph
- Yashpeh/Jade/Jasper -Dee dark Green -Asher/Benjamin
Artist Statement: Hello, my name is Jay Sandifer and I'm a worship artist based in Florida. After graduating from SCAD (The University of Creative Careers) with a Bachelor's of Fine Arts degree in Fibers, I began my freelancing career by painting and drawing from personal prophetic dreams and visions of The Lord and his word. I've been creating music projects and visual works since 1995.
I enjoy exploring the relationship between the circle, triangle and square through the use of lines. I see my work as an exploration of the fundamentals. I believe the basic fundamentals are what help give meaning and shape to everything else.
In my free time, I like to surf with my boys, go on walks with my dogs, and most of all go out on a date with my wife at least once every week. I'm currently open for commissions. Please email me at jbsandifer at gmail dot com to share your commission request and learn more about my art process.
Many art teachers will say there are 7 elements of art: Line, Shape, Value, Color, Texture, Form, and Space. I agree.
I always start with lines. The lines usually turn into shapes. The lines and shapes are spaced intuitively within the edges of the picture plane. Through the idea of texture, the lines and shapes start to build value: lights and darks. Sometimes the value is overlaid with color.
I am a spiritual person. I believe in The Holy Spirit. I believe it is the Holy Spirit who leads to truth. Truth is fundamental. Truth is not complex. Truth is not complicated. Truth is basic. I believe the truth is a person. Jesus is known for saying, “I am THE truth.” I believe The Holy Spirit always points to Jesus Christ.
I believe in the creative expression of art and design, the basics quickly begin to take on symbolic meaning.
The natural is an overlay of the spiritual. For me, art is another way of communicating and expressing these deeper connections to the Holy Spirit.